The Indian Fish & Seafood market is expected to register high growth during 2015–2020 supported by a large base of young population with rising disposable incomes. The market is led by the Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) category which is also forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2015–2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Fish & Seafood products in the country.
– Of the four categories analyzed, Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) will be largest as well as fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 7.2% during 2015–2020
– Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel accounting for nearly half of the overall Fish & Seafood distribution in India.
– The use of Flexible Packaging is forecast to register the fastest growth among packaging materials during 2015–2020
– The Fish & Seafood market in India is highly fragmented
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish & Seafood market in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
– Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010–2020
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Chilled Raw Packaged Fish & Seafood — Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish & Seafood — Whole Cuts, Dried Fish & Seafood and Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015–2020
– Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012–2015
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Tray, and others
Reasons To Buy
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Related Research Reports: Food & Bevgerae Research Report in India